Thursday, July 24, 2008

Twitter Repaired, Wolfenstein Redux, Spam King Suicide, No Stop Signs,

More restoration underway

5 hours ago

We’re still putting follower/following relationships back into place. There will be inconsistencies over the next several hours as this restoration takes place. We will provide more updates as they become available.

Update (2:14p): we’re going into maintenance mode to speed up some of the recovery work we’re doing. We’re think the downtime will be brief.

Update (2:34p): Maintenance was only about 5 minutes. We’re still restoring data.

Update (3:36p): We believe that by around 7p Pacific around 95% of the data will be recovered.

Followers and Followings Restored 7 hours ago
We have restored 99.6% of the following/followers that temporarily disappeared as a result of a database error. The remaining 0.4% are on their way back.

NOTE: Although we have fixed the problem, the numbers and profile pictures in your sidebar will probably not be accurate until tomorrow afternoon because they are cached.

Wolfenstein Redux, No It's Your Next Windows.
Windows Blackcomb / Vienna (Codenames)

Wait For It: About 1:50 into this presentation get you pistol ready.
Start Shooting Nazis!

Update: Fugitive 'Spam King' Found Dead With Family

(many people made comments on the original ZDNet item, wishing Death to this guy.
I'm sure no one wanted that at the cost of two innocent lives. Tragic.)

Edward Davidson, the "spam king" who reportedly forced his wife to help him escape from a Colorado prison on Sunday, has killed himself, a woman, and a toddler, according to The Denver Post.

Earlier Thursday, Colorado NBC affiliate reported that three people had been found dead in an apparent murder-suicide in the area of East Arkansas Place, near the town of Bennett, Colo.


‘Spam King’ escapes from federal prison

Could This be What Twitter's been trying to find? Certainly this is a dangerous criminal on the loose, but did we have to lose half of our Contacts? Many Questions Unanswered.

Posted by Ryan Naraine

Edward “Eddie” Davidson, a notorious e-mail spammer who was sentenced to jail time in April, has escaped from a federal prison camp in Florence, Colorado.

Davidson (left), also known as the “Spam King, made a run for it when his wife visited him last Sunday and is now officially listed in “escape” status, according to a statement from the U.S. Attorney’s Office. He was last seen in Lakewood, CO.

The FBI, IRS, and the Rocky Mountain Safe Streets Task Force are helping the U.S. Marshals in the search for Davidson.

Davidson was housed in a minimum security facility. Minimum security institutions, also known as Federal Prison Camps (FPCs), have dormitory housing, a relatively low staff-to-inmate ratio, and are work and program-oriented. FPCs are generally located adjacent to larger institutions, where inmates help serve the labor needs of the larger institution.

This from the Rocky Mountain News:

“He jumped in the car with his wife,” said Will Cochenour of the Lakewood police Tuesday. “When they were leaving, he forced her in the car, brought them home and left after a change in clothing. He’s still at large.”


Michel Fortin Twittered:
This is the funniest video I've seen in a while!

Having seen Cluster Mind F**ks at the Corporate level, I agree. It takes a committee to really screw something up right.